Crime victims and other concerned citizens can use the Victim
Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) service for access to
timely and reliable information about criminal cases and the
custody status of offenders across the nation, 24 hours a day over
the telephone, through the Internet or by e-mail. Victims can
inquire about the current status of an offender and register for
notifications in the event of an offender's release, escape,
transfer or court appearance.
Illinois Statewide VINE Service Number: (866) 566-8439
VINE website: www.vinelink.com
How VINE works
- VINE communicates with jail and prison booking systems in near
real-time, transmitting updated information to the Appriss Data
- Crime victims and the general public can access the information
by calling a local toll-free number or visiting www.vinelink.com any time of the day or
- Victims can inquire whether an offender is held in jail, as
well as the facility's location.
- Users can register to be notified immediately of a change in
the offender's status, such as release, transfer or escape.
- When a notification is triggered, VINE automatically calls the
number or numbers the victim has provided.
- Calls continue for a designated period of time or until the
victim enters a four-digit PIN.